Sustainable Empowerment Leadership Foundation (SELF)
is an international non-profit organization created to collaborate with underserved communities in order to bring sustainable solutions to their everyday challenges. The goal of the organization is to work collaboratively with community leaders to conduct projects that will aid the community as a whole.
Collaboration and partnership are key.
SELF works closely with the local government of Cantarranas, the most trusted municipality of Honduras. We also partner with the local Centro de Salud and Honduran Ministry of Health to improve
healthcare access in the six villages where we work.
It is important to us that volunteers with SELF from North America work alongside Honduran providers and local community leaders. Therefore, our Health Team and Clean Water Team trips are partnerships with international volunteers and Hondurans. We have a broad and sustainable approach to healthcare including medical and dental consultations and home visits, improving access to clean water,
economic stability and most importantly - education.
- Respect local culture & customs
- Encourage teamwork & cultural exchange
- Commit to social justice
- Create empowering/equal opportunities
- Consciousness of the community's needs
- Emphasize importance of a rewarding educational experience (for both volunteers & community members
- Service with excellent quality healthcare
- Partnership with local authorities